Client Focused, Results Oriented
Insurance Bad Faith
Our Miami, Ft. Lauderdale and West Palm Beach Insurance Claim Attorneys Represent Your Best Interests
Your insurance company has certain obligations to you that are defined by Florida law as well as your insurance contract. If your insurance company breaches these duties, it is acting in bad faith. Fortunately, you may have legal recourse against a bad faith insurer.
Saavedra Goodwin has represented commercial and residential policyholders in South Florida for more than 25 years. Prior to concentrating solely on plaintiff representation, our firm also acted as defense counsel on behalf of insurers. We therefore have insight into their internal business processes and dispute resolution strategies. Our Miami, Ft. Lauderdale and West Palm Beach insurance claim attorneys are your advocates against bad faith practices that delay or deny your rightful compensation for property damage.
Common Bad Faith Conduct
Actions taken against your best interests and in violation of your policy terms or the law may be considered bad faith. For example, an insurer acts in bad faith if it:
- Denies or delays payments without a reasonable basis for doing so
- Does not issue a decision about your claim within a reasonable period of time
- Fails to conduct a timely and unbiased investigation of your claim
- Offers you a settlement that is substantially less than a reasonable person would believe your claim is worth
- Refuses to settle your claim or engage in settlement negotiations based on verified facts
- Misrepresents the terms of your policy
- Misinterprets Florida laws in a manner that incorrectly favors the insurer
- Misuses the judicial system to block or delay payment, forcing you into a lowball settlement
- Fails to comply with insurance industry standards and Florida statutes
- Alters your coverage without notifying you
- Accuses you of criminal and unlawful conduct to scare you into dropping your claim
- Threatens legal action against you that it does not intend to take
- Discloses confidential information about your business
Protecting You From Bad Faith Practices
Florida law imposes a duty on insurers to deal with policyholders in good faith. The statutes also allow a wronged policyholder to collect damages from an insurer for bad faith practices in certain circumstances.
Drawing on more than 25 years of experience, our attorneys recognize when an insurance company is acting in bad faith and we take immediate steps to protect your rights. We follow Florida procedures to notify the company of our intention to pursue bad faith damages.
Our attorneys think strategically from the moment we accept your case. By initiating pretrial procedures against an insurer that is acting in bad faith, we can improve our negotiating position. Our assertive actions give insurers the incentive to settle your claim for a higher figure to avoid a bad faith lawsuit. We are also in a position to take your bad faith claim to trial if the insurer continues to engage in bad faith conduct.
Obtain Relief from Your Insurer’s Bad Faith Actions
Saavedra Goodwin holds your insurer responsible for its duties under the law and your policy and pursues a recovery if the company acts in bad faith. To schedule a consultation with our South Florida and West Palm Beach insurance claim attorneys, call 954.767.6333 or contact our firm online.